WHY DO YOU LIVE AS ORPHANS?

As a Christian, I have in times past thought when God created the world, he left it in the hands of man to manage it all alone. I thought God was too far from our reach. I did not know how close he was to us. Prayer, in my understanding was like a recitation of words that will yield some magical results. It was like, ‘each one for himself, God for us all’. I remember the times when you pray and for many days, and weeks you have no answer. You immediately tell yourself, “God is busy somewhere else, am not that important”. When these thoughts crossed my mind, I never knew it was the devils way of diverting my attention from the truth. The truth that God is closer than we think. That God is near, and knows our every thought, he knows how we feel and he sees even our tears. It finally became real, when I saw this verse,
“I will not leave you as orphans” John 14:18
Our ability to comprehend what Christ implied in this scripture, can help us know how to live our lives as Christians. I believe no child will ever wish to become an orphan. I cannot imagine a child hoping to be an orphan in this world, filled with cruelty and misery and without hope. Who is an orphan? In the simplest explanation, an orphan is a child who has lost both parents, where mother and father are dead. And this is absolutely the reason why I insist no child would hope this for his or her future.

We live in a world that has lost touch with God. We are in a world where selfishness, arrogance, hypocrisy, corruption and injustices dominate in all things. It is more of what gets us happy and excited, not what pleases God. Our love for God is growing cold, because we seem to be accepting what unbelievers are claiming about him. It looks as though we have agreed that God, after creating us, left us lonely and helpless in this world.

So, I have been wondering why we are in the situation we find ourselves today. It is as though the Christian and the unbeliever are the same. Could it be that the troubles, temptations and trials that come our way, are weighing on us? Is it that there is no help from God to walk us through this journey called life, on earth? Are we all alone here?

When Jesus spoke of not leaving us as orphans, he knew what exactly he was saying and what he was going to do. He knew how he would be with us forever.
"The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything and make you remember all that I have told you." John 14:26
"...Do not be worried and upset; do not be afraid." John 14:27
And when the time came he fulfilled it.

The Holy Bible is full of many instances where Jesus showed how deep his love is, towards us. One familiar verse is shown in Matthew 28:20, when he said, 
“…And I will be with you always, to the end of the age." 
Why do we then live as though we are orphans? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pushing Forward: Overcoming the Rudeness on Social Media

KEEPING AN UNSHAKABLE INTEGRITY